On the occasion of the Independence Day of India, we are pleased to invite all riders to join in for the ‘Freedom Ride on Aug 15th’. All are welcome with tri-colours flying high to be part. Gear up for yet another iconic ride in the city. In the spirits of our 71st independence day, we from Road Thrill ( Bangalore ) invite you to join us . To Embark a ride to Yelagiri hills ( Tamil Nadu) Yelagiri is about 150 km from Bangalore. Yelagiri formally Known as Vellore Yelagiri is a hill station in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, India, situated off the Vaniyambadi-Tirupattur road. Located at an altitude of 1,110.6 meters above Mean Sea Level and spread across 30 km², the Yelagiri village is surrounded by orchards, rose-gardens, and green valley’s away from the concrete jungle. This ride is dedicated to our beloved friend and a fellow rider/brother who was lost on his 50 th Leh journey, Mr Surbhit Kanth, who played a major role in standardizing bike touring in Leh – Ladhak. This is also to promote awareness around road safety.
BANGALORE Destination Aug 15th Freedom Ride, 2017: Yelagiri
START TIME : 5:00 AM, One way Distance: 140 KM
Registration Form: http://bit.ly/2voqJOm
@@@@@@@@ Contact Numbers & Points @@@@@@@@
Main Starting Point: Decathlon Bommasandra
Assembly Time & Briefing: 5:00 AM
Flag Off: 5:30 AM
Riding Squad: Lohith Bhai 9886224418, Gokool Bhai 9739713655
North Bangalore, Hebbal
Riding Squad: Sandy Bhai 9164663838
Starting Time: 4:00 AM
Rammurthy Nagar, Marathalli
Riding Squad: Arun bhai 8660952059, Vinod 9008722502
Starting Time: 4:30 AM
Riding Squad: Phanindra 9743054369
Starting Time: 4:00 AM
|5;00 AM||Assemble at Decathlon||242, Hosur Road, Next to Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Bommasandra.||Starting Point Coordinates: https://goo.gl/maps/AU6Yj2P4oD22|
|5;15 AM||Safety briefing||By Arun Hilson, Sandeep KC, Vijayanth|
|5;30 AM||Flag Off ( Ride begins)||Highway and Ghat Ride||Based on the number of riders groups will be split on to 20 odd bikes and marshals will be assigned|
|7;30AM||Pit Stop / Tea break||Near Shoolgiri||Riders to buy their own food and beverages|
|10;00 AM||Reach the resort / Hotel||Flag Hosting Mr.Johnny and ex moto cross racer and vetran RE fabricator from Dharampuri||Badges and stickers distribution|
|10;30 AM||Flag Hoisting||Hotel Nigress||Talks and Members Meet and Greet|
|11;30 AM||Start return journey||Main Group Starts back||Members may choose to stay more or join the main group back to Bangalore|
|1;30 PM||Break for Lunch||Will be updated on Ride Day||Riders to buy their own food and beverages|
|3;00 PM||End Of Ride||Hosur Toll Junction||Riders to disperse|
FLAG HOISTING: YELAGIRI, Hotel Nigress
– A talk on Road Safety First Aid Dos and Donts by our Doctor Members from Coimbatore.
– A short insight into the lives and training of our Indian Army while the protect us each day across the borders.
– Remembering dear Surbhit Kant Dixit and his association with us.
– RT Chennai & Road Thrill: Community Announcements & Upcoming events with Road Thrill.
Common flag hoisting point for #RTBangalore #RTChennai and #RTCoimbatore
Lunch On the Way Back. Approx expenses ~ 300/- Please carry sufficient cash as we are riding into hill station and you might not find any ATMs.
IMP NOTE: Anyone not respecting the RT Code will be told to leave the group immediately. This is not only for your safety but for the safety for other riders on the road.
@@@@@@@@@@ RIDING NORMS @@@@@@@@@@
1. Straight line formation/ Staggered Formation with speed limits from 60 to 80 kph
2. Dress code: Please come in white t-shirt/Shirt/tops, blue jeans and our Indian Tri Colour Flag
3. Carry required cash (toll /Breakfast/etc), Tank up fuel, Bike documents and a personal ID.
4. Please be ON or before time at the starting points.
5. Roads are prone to accidents and you are responsible for your own safety hence no stunts overtaking, speeding, etc
6. Most Imp. – Leave all things aside and RIDE with PRIDE on our Independence Day!!
@@@ RIDING GEARS and Checks>>MANDATORY<<@@@
1. Helmets for Both Riders and Pillions (Full Face Preferred)
2. Hand Gloves, Jackets, Knee and Elbow Pads (Recommended)
3. Full shoes for both Riders and Pillions (Mandatory)
4. Make sure your motorcycle is in good condition and you are carrying required spares and documents.
Feel Free to SHARE the event and INVITE your friends along!! #FreedomRideWithRT
Team Road Thrill!! roadthrillcommunity.com
Event Partners: Highway Delite, Throttle Club