10 Best Breakfast Places in Bangalore
Some of the breakfast places in Bangalore to taste the delicacies of the city. Includes both old school and new school.
- Brahmins Coffee Bar: You should definitely have the idly, wada, kara bath, kesari bath and tea/coffee as these are the only options available. Waiting in the lengthy queue will makes your taste buds crave more. You would not believe such less pricing exists in Bangalore. No sambhar and only serves the above 5 dishes. Serving since 1965, started by late Sri K V. Nageshwar Adiga, whose son N Vasudev Adiga now owns the chain of Adiga’s.
- Vidyardhi Bhavan: Serving 1943, located in Basavangudi, South Bangalore and popular for the Masala Dosa. This is one of the Landmarks of Old Bangalore. The testimonials for this place go from the current Chief Minister Mr. Siddaramaiah, former CM to former PM and former chief Justice of India.
- Airlines Hotel: Located Lavelle Road, this is a popular Bikers joint with open sitting area and people visiting from Cubbon park. Best part is the ample parking, open area for kids. A place to relax and sit back but with a pricing on the higher end compared to the above two breakfast points.
- Koshys: Serving since 1940, located onSt Marks road is a meeting point for journalists, artists, theatre persons, students and foreigners. Delicacies include both veg and non veg breakfast. Visited by most dignitaries including Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Queen Elizabeth II. Noted as MTV most stylish place and also an Establishment of Bangalore.
- Hole in the wall: Looking for some happening places in Bangalore right from the morning. This is it. Best English breakfast in town. Even there is a long queue and waiting, this place is always happening and colorful J It’s a perfect joint for a brunch. Wanna try pork or beef? This is the place with ample parking!
After the traditional and English stuff lets get to some desi style of Breakfast Places!
- Prashanth Hotel: Located near Navrang Theater, this place serves you ragi balls, mutton and chiken delicacies. Visiting Karnataka and want to try some local food, ragi balls is a must, with its own style of eating.
- Abdul Lateef Paya Shop: Located in Shivaji Nagar, a must visit place for mutton paya. Opens only from morning 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM (closed on Mondays), serving the best paya since 50 years now. The surrounding areas might be a bit sticky, but if you are not one of those delicate darlings, you should try this place.
Are you a road tripper or a travel foodie? Check these Breakfast Places out!
- Taj Kuteera, Hesargatta Grasslands: A morning ride or drive to the nearby Hesargatta Grasslands is a good option on a weekend to stay away from crowdy places. With the trees, grasslands, lake and huge open areas you would wonder if such places exist in Bangalore, if visiting the first time. After spending time, you can check out the nearby Taj Kuteera Rustic resort for a brunch. Pricing a bit on the higher end, but it’s the best option available nearby the grasslands.
- Rasta Café: One of my favorite night time getaways though. Located on the Mysore Road, 25 Km from the city, this place should be on your list in case you are into night life and night rides/drives. Weekends getting a table sometimes take more than 2 hours, but even the waiting time in the lawns is fun. 24/7 a place to chill and hangout has some good options for breakfast and brunch.
- Indian Paratha Company: Located on the Airport Road, near the Nandi hills cross is the most popular bikers getaway these days. Opens from 7 AM till 11 AM, people mostly visit the place for the location and the ride/drive.
Hope the information on Breakfast Places is useful.
PC: Google for Breakfast Places 🙂
List of 108 Places around Bangalore to plan your Road Trips
Karnataka: One State Many Worlds – List of 430 Travel Places to Visit